Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default How do I insert template in new sheet of pre-existing excel file?

I created an Excel worksheet template, but i can't figure out how to insert
it into a new sheet in an already-existing excel workbook.

I need to use this worksheet template monthly and wanted to keep 12 sheets
(a full year) in one workbook, all together.

There must be some way to do this!!!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

One way is to right click on the template sheetmove or copycreate a
copytop input boxetc
record a macro if desired.

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"frustrated" wrote in message
I created an Excel worksheet template, but i can't figure out how to insert
it into a new sheet in an already-existing excel workbook.

I need to use this worksheet template monthly and wanted to keep 12 sheets
(a full year) in one workbook, all together.

There must be some way to do this!!!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

To create a single sheet template for inserting into an existing workbook.

1. Open a new workbook.
2. Delete all but one sheet.
3. Customizw that sheet as you wish.
4. FileSave AsFile TypeMS Excel Template)*.xlt)
5. Name it SHEET and let Excel look after the xlt part.
6. Store it in your XLSTART folder.

It will be the default InsertWorksheet.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Thu, 29 Mar 2007 09:50:03 -0700, frustrated
wrote:

I created an Excel worksheet template, but i can't figure out how to insert
it into a new sheet in an already-existing excel workbook.

I need to use this worksheet template monthly and wanted to keep 12 sheets
(a full year) in one workbook, all together.

There must be some way to do this!!!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Thanks so much for your response, Gord.
I don't want it to be the default sheet though. I use excel for other things
and I don't want this to ALWAYS be the default. What I can't figure out is
how to be in a workbook and then insert a new sheet in there (but ONLY in
that workbook) that comes up as my template.
Does that make sense?
Thanks again,

wrote:

I created an Excel worksheet template, but i can't figure out how to insert
it into a new sheet in an already-existing excel workbook.

I need to use this worksheet template monthly and wanted to keep 12 sheets
(a full year) in one workbook, all together.

There must be some way to do this!!!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Could you have it in your workbook and just copy it whenever you needed a new
sheet inserted?

You could have it as a hidden sheet if you wished.

Then run this macro to copy it wherever you wish.

Sub insert()
Dim wks As Worksheet
Set wks = Sheets("Template") 'Sheet to be copied
wks.Copy After:=ActiveSheet
ActiveSheet.Visible = True

End Sub

Gord