Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
JTK

Default How do I insert a header on an existing Excel sheet?

I have started an Excel file and then realized I need a header. Can you tell
me how to insert a Header at this point?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
keithl816

On your menu bar go to View/ header-footer /Custom Header

--
keithl816
keithl816's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=21287

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Doug Kanter

"JTK" wrote in message
I have started an Excel file and then realized I need a header. Can you
tell
me how to insert a Header at this point?

Press the F1 function key. When Excel help arrives on your screen, type
"header" into the search window. Some features are best learned this way.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson

You won't see that header/footer until you do file|print or File|PrintPreview.

It's different than MSWord.

"keithl816" wrote:

On your menu bar go to View/ header-footer /Custom Header

--
keithl816
keithl816's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=21287
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=510786

--

Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
keithl816

its not going to show up in your spreadsheet, check your print preview.

--
keithl816
keithl816's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=21287
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=510786

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Texas Handly

JTK wrote:
I have started an Excel file and then realized I need a header. Can you tell
me how to insert a Header at this point?

JTK

Do you want a header on the print out of you worksheet or do you want to
see a set of rows or columns while working on the worksheet?

The other responses you have received relate to a print out's header.

To make certain rows or columns always appear as you move down and
across, place you cursor in the cell immediately below and to the right
of the rows and columns you always want to see, then Windows | Freeze Panes

Texas Handly