Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Max Max is offline

Default copying text

Here, using SUMIF might not be appropriate.

Use INDEX/MATCH

In Sheet2,

Assume names running in B1 down

Put in C1:
=INDEX(Sheet1!B:B,MATCH(B1,Sheet1!A:A,0))

Put in D1:
=INDEX(Sheet1!D:D,MATCH(B1,Sheet1!A:A,0))
Select C1:D1, copy down. Col C returns the numbers while col D returns the
text corresponding to the names from Sheet1.
--
Max
Singapore
"Bobby" wrote:
Sheet1 ColA cells have a drop down box with a list of names. S1ColB is for
numbers that I enter associated with that name. S1 ColD is for text remarks.
I want this info to be copied to Sheet2. S2 ColB is the list of names
already entered in order. S2 ColC is for the number & Col D is for the text.

Currently using SUMIF when I choose the name from my drop down list in S1CA
and enter the number in S1CB that number will be copied to S2ColC next to the
corresponding name in S2ColB. It does not work for text.
I want to do the same thing for my text remarks. When I enter a remark in
S1ColD it should be copied to S2ColD next to the corresponding name.