Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default INDEX and MATCH w/ Drop Down Lists

Okay after several hours of reading discussions I am still unable to come up
with a solution to this. There was one person who had a similar problem but
mine is more in depth.
I created several timecards for our project teams to record their time in -
each item on their timecard is based off a series of drop down lists which
could vary from 2 drop down lists to 5 drop down lists with each of the drop
down list consisting of various amount of items in the list. Each team
member would choose the appropriate item on their timecard utilizing the drop
down lists. I am now trying to create a consolidation sheet of all the
project team members and the items that they charged time to based off what
they chose in the drop down list - I want it to return the total time to date
on that item.
Example Timecard:
Phase ELEMENTS SUB 1 SUB 2
PRE LAUNCH PRE L MANUAL DATA COLL ADMIN
PRE LAUNCH PRE L MEETING
PRE LAUNCH PRE L MOU PRE-DELIV REVIEW
SYSTEM DESIGN SD ENGINEER PROCESS DES SD MAINT ACFT CONFORM
SYSTEM DESIGN SD MEETING
MANUAL DEVELOP MD CONTENT DEVELOPMENT ADMIN
MANUAL DEVELOP MD ISAT LOC CONTENT DEV

Out to the right of these items are days of the month in columns and to the
right of all the days of the month is the total for that item (Column AQ). I
have one of these for each person for each month - the project is over a year
long with 7 team members so you see how how many sheets I would have.
Timecards have 5 columns of possible drop down list variations.

Now on my data consolidation (Data sheet) I have listed all the possible
variations of the drop down lists in columns.
Example:
A B C
PRE L MANUAL DATA COLLECT ADMIN
PRE L MANUAL DATA COLLECT AIROPS1-1
PRE L MANUAL DATA COLLECT AIROPS1-2
PRE L MANUAL DATA COLLECT AIRPERF
PRE L MANUAL DATA COLLECT DEICE
PRE L MEETING
PRE L MOU PRE-DELIV REVIEW
SD ENGINEER PROCESS DES SD MAINT ACFT CONFORM
SD ENGINEER PROCESS DES SD MAINT AUDIT PROG
SD ENGINEER PROCESS DES SD OPS CARRIAGE - ILLEG SUBST
SD ENGINEER PROCESS DES SD OPS CARRY - ON BAGGAGE
SYSTEM DESIGN SD SAI LINKING
SYSTEM DESIGN SD TRAVEL

To the right of these I have a column I would like to filtrate the total
hours of that item (column AQ) to date for the month. I would capture by
month and then total all months somewhere else.
Sorry so long but hard to explain in words. I think I probably will have to
do this manually.