Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Copying names and frqequency of occurrences.

I have a list of customers in an XP spreadsheet, some may be duplicated. I
would like to copy the list to another worksheet, or below the current
worksheet, eliminate duplicates, and get a count of occurrences of each
customer. I don't know if i need to use COUNTIF, FREQUENCY, or just a
formula. Can anybody help me with this? I know i can simply show the amount
of ocurrences of each by doing a data sort, but i would really like to do it
the other way to produce a simple report for my manager to show how many
times a salesman is calling on customers. I will only need to do this once a
month, I will start a new workbook for each month for each salesman.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Taking your questions one at a time:-

Select your column of Customers and to extract unique records use Data -
Filter - Advanced Filter - Unique records only - copy to another location and
your done.

Your contiff could be along the lines of:-

=COUNTIF(A1:A100,"=Joe Bloggs") which would count the amount of times Joe
Bloggs apears in A1:A100.

Mike