Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Copying names and frqequency of occurrences.

Probably worth looking at help for pivot tables.
--
David Biddulph

"pms240" wrote in message
I have a list of customers in an XP spreadsheet, some may be duplicated. I
would like to copy the list to another worksheet, or below the current
worksheet, eliminate duplicates, and get a count of occurrences of each
customer. I don't know if i need to use COUNTIF, FREQUENCY, or just a
formula. Can anybody help me with this? I know i can simply show the
amount
of ocurrences of each by doing a data sort, but i would really like to do
it
the other way to produce a simple report for my manager to show how many
times a salesman is calling on customers. I will only need to do this
once a
month, I will start a new workbook for each month for each salesman.