Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Options Dialog Excel 2003

I would like to hide the options box from view (tool/options), any ideas !!?.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Disable the control?

CommandBars("Worksheet Menu
Bar").Controls("Tools").Controls("Options...").Ena bled = False

--
---
HTH

Bob

"gibsol" wrote in message
I would like to hide the options box from view (tool/options), any ideas
!!?.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

The following code will disable the Tools - Options menu and can be put where
you want. One option is to put it in the workbook open event and have
corresponding code in the workbook before close event to re-enable the
controls.

Sub DeactivateIt()
With Application.CommandBars("Worksheet Menu Bar")
With .Controls("&Tools")
.Controls("&Options...").Enabled = False ' Change to true to
enable
End With
End With
End Sub

Mike

I would like to hide the options box from view (tool/options), any ideas !!?.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Sorry, I made it too complicated.

Sub DeactivateIt()
With Application.CommandBars("Worksheet Menu Bar").Controls("&Tools")

I would like to hide the options box from view (tool/options), any ideas !!?.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

another question on this before I go ahead and enter VBA.
To show the options selection for my purposes only would I have to go into
VBA and change Enabled = False, to show Enabled = True.

"gibsol" wrote:

I would like to hide the options box from view (tool/options), any ideas !!?.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Building on what Mike wrote, here are some macros for
disable/enable/hide/show...
'/================================/
Sub DeactivateIt()
With Application.CommandBars("Worksheet Menu Bar")
.Controls("&Tools").Controls("&Options...").Enable d = False
End With
End Sub
'/================================/
Sub ReactivateIt()
With Application.CommandBars("Worksheet Menu Bar")
.Controls("&Tools").Controls("&Options...").Enable d = True
End With
End Sub
'/================================/
Sub HideIt()
With Application.CommandBars("Worksheet Menu Bar")
.Controls("&Tools").Controls("&Options...").Visibl e = False
End With
End Sub
'/================================/
Sub ShowIt()
With Application.CommandBars("Worksheet Menu Bar")
.Controls("&Tools").Controls("&Options...").Visibl e = True
End With
End Sub

--
HTH,
Gary Brown

If this post was helpful to you, please select ''YES'' at the bottom of the
post.