Jeff Koons

Default Disable Query Refresh warning dialog box in Excel 2003

I'm using Office 2003. I have an Excel file that pulls data from a Microsoft
Query. Every time I open the Excel file, a 'Query Refresh' dialog box appears
allowing me to choose between 'Enable automatic refresh' or 'Disable
automatic refresh'. I want to be able to permanently disable this box from
appearing every time I open the file. I was told that this dialog box in
Office XP would allow you to select to not see it again, but this option is
not available in Office 2003. I have tried every setting I can think of, but
nothing seems to work. Also, there seem to be questions from other users
about this, but it seems that no one has any answers.
Peo Sjoblom

What happens if yopu right click inside the query table/results in Excel and
select
Data Range Properties, there I have an option to check/uncheck
Refresh data on file open, uncheck that

Regards,

Peo Sjoblom

"Jeff Koons" wrote:

I'm using Office 2003. I have an Excel file that pulls data from a Microsoft
Query. Every time I open the Excel file, a 'Query Refresh' dialog box appears
allowing me to choose between 'Enable automatic refresh' or 'Disable
automatic refresh'. I want to be able to permanently disable this box from
appearing every time I open the file. I was told that this dialog box in
Office XP would allow you to select to not see it again, but this option is
not available in Office 2003. I have tried every setting I can think of, but
nothing seems to work. Also, there seem to be questions from other users
about this, but it seems that no one has any answers.

Junior Member

You can fix this by editing your registry. Instructions are on Microsoft's knowledgebase:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/248204