Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Financial functions

I have activated the 'Analysis Toolpak' add -in, but many financial functions
are still not available - such as nominal and effective formula conversions.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

The EFFECT() and NOMINAL() functions should be available. Did you put a checkmark near Analysis Toolpak in the ToolsAdd-ins
dialog?

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten
Microsoft MVP - Excel

"Darrell" wrote in message ...
|I have activated the 'Analysis Toolpak' add -in, but many financial functions
| are still not available - such as nominal and effective formula conversions.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

I put the checkmark, but the functions are not working. I have been throught
this process on a number of other computers with no problem. Any ideas?

"Darrell" wrote in message ...
|I have activated the 'Analysis Toolpak' add -in, but many financial functions
| are still not available - such as nominal and effective formula conversions.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

<are not working

How do you see that?

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten
Microsoft MVP - Excel

"Darrell" wrote in message ...
|I put the checkmark, but the functions are not working. I have been throught
| this process on a number of other computers with no problem. Any ideas?
|
| "Niek Otten" wrote:
|
| The EFFECT() and NOMINAL() functions should be available. Did you put a checkmark near Analysis Toolpak in the ToolsAdd-ins
| dialog?
|
| --
| Kind regards,
|
| Niek Otten
| Microsoft MVP - Excel
|
| "Darrell" wrote in message ...
| |I have activated the 'Analysis Toolpak' add -in, but many financial functions
| | are still not available - such as nominal and effective formula conversions.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

If I 'insert function' and select 'financial' from the drop-down menu, the
'nominal' and 'effect' formulas are not amongst the options. Also, if I open
a spreadsheet with a 'nominal' or 'effect' formula, it does not display the
result, but gives a #name error in the cell.

"Niek Otten" wrote:

<are not working

How do you see that?

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten
Microsoft MVP - Excel

"Darrell" wrote in message ...
|I put the checkmark, but the functions are not working. I have been throught
| this process on a number of other computers with no problem. Any ideas?
|
| "Niek Otten" wrote:
|
| The EFFECT() and NOMINAL() functions should be available. Did you put a checkmark near Analysis Toolpak in the ToolsAdd-ins
| dialog?
|
| --
| Kind regards,
|
| Niek Otten
| Microsoft MVP - Excel
|
| "Darrell" wrote in message ...
| |I have activated the 'Analysis Toolpak' add -in, but many financial functions
| | are still not available - such as nominal and effective formula conversions.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

If you get the #NAME error Excel doesn't recognize the function. Therefore,
the Analysis Toolpak hasn't been installed, even if you think you went
through the process. Do you have the original installation CDs? Try
installing from there or else contact your IT department.

Dave

"Darrell" wrote:

If I 'insert function' and select 'financial' from the drop-down menu, the
'nominal' and 'effect' formulas are not amongst the options. Also, if I open
a spreadsheet with a 'nominal' or 'effect' formula, it does not display the
result, but gives a #name error in the cell.

"Niek Otten" wrote:

<are not working

How do you see that?

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten
Microsoft MVP - Excel

"Darrell" wrote in message ...
|I put the checkmark, but the functions are not working. I have been throught
| this process on a number of other computers with no problem. Any ideas?
|
| "Niek Otten" wrote:
|
| The EFFECT() and NOMINAL() functions should be available. Did you put a checkmark near Analysis Toolpak in the ToolsAdd-ins
| dialog?
|
| --
| Kind regards,
|
| Niek Otten
| Microsoft MVP - Excel
|
| "Darrell" wrote in message ...
| |I have activated the 'Analysis Toolpak' add -in, but many financial functions
| | are still not available - such as nominal and effective formula conversions.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Thanks. Can you confirm exactly how I install from original cd's?

Given that we are using Office XP SBE, we do not have an IT department, so I
am trying to resolve myself.

"Darrell" wrote:

If I 'insert function' and select 'financial' from the drop-down menu, the
'nominal' and 'effect' formulas are not amongst the options. Also, if I open
a spreadsheet with a 'nominal' or 'effect' formula, it does not display the
result, but gives a #name error in the cell.

"Niek Otten" wrote:

<are not working

How do you see that?

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten
Microsoft MVP - Excel

"Darrell" wrote in message ...
|I put the checkmark, but the functions are not working. I have been throught
| this process on a number of other computers with no problem. Any ideas?
|
| "Niek Otten" wrote:
|
| The EFFECT() and NOMINAL() functions should be available. Did you put a checkmark near Analysis Toolpak in the ToolsAdd-ins
| dialog?
|
| --
| Kind regards,
|
| Niek Otten
| Microsoft MVP - Excel
|
| "Darrell" wrote in message ...
| |I have activated the 'Analysis Toolpak' add -in, but many financial functions
| | are still not available - such as nominal and effective formula conversions.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

There is a bug in that the Add-in doesn't always load:
David Biddulph

"Darrell" wrote in message
If I 'insert function' and select 'financial' from the drop-down menu, the
'nominal' and 'effect' formulas are not amongst the options. Also, if I
open
a spreadsheet with a 'nominal' or 'effect' formula, it does not display
the
result, but gives a #name error in the cell.

"Niek Otten" wrote:

<are not working

How do you see that?

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten
Microsoft MVP - Excel

"Darrell" wrote in message
|I put the checkmark, but the functions are not working. I have been
throught
| this process on a number of other computers with no problem. Any ideas?
|
| "Niek Otten" wrote:
|
| The EFFECT() and NOMINAL() functions should be available. Did you put
a checkmark near Analysis Toolpak in the ToolsAdd-ins
| dialog?
|
| --
| Kind regards,
|
| Niek Otten
| Microsoft MVP - Excel
|
| "Darrell" wrote in message
| |I have activated the 'Analysis Toolpak' add -in, but many financial
functions
| | are still not available - such as nominal and effective formula
conversions.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Thanks - please let me know if you become aware of a permanent solution.

"Darrell" wrote in message
If I 'insert function' and select 'financial' from the drop-down menu, the
'nominal' and 'effect' formulas are not amongst the options. Also, if I
open
a spreadsheet with a 'nominal' or 'effect' formula, it does not display
the
result, but gives a #name error in the cell.

"Niek Otten" wrote:

<are not working

How do you see that?

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten
Microsoft MVP - Excel

"Darrell" wrote in message
|I put the checkmark, but the functions are not working. I have been
throught
| this process on a number of other computers with no problem. Any ideas?
|
| "Niek Otten" wrote:
|
| The EFFECT() and NOMINAL() functions should be available. Did you put
a checkmark near Analysis Toolpak in the ToolsAdd-ins
| dialog?
|
| --
| Kind regards,
|
| Niek Otten
| Microsoft MVP - Excel
|
| "Darrell" wrote in message
| |I have activated the 'Analysis Toolpak' add -in, but many financial
functions
| | are still not available - such as nominal and effective formula
conversions.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

What happens if you follow the suggested steps at the link David Biddulph
supplied?

Dave

"Darrell" wrote in message
If I 'insert function' and select 'financial' from the drop-down menu, the
'nominal' and 'effect' formulas are not amongst the options. Also, if I
open
a spreadsheet with a 'nominal' or 'effect' formula, it does not display
the
result, but gives a #name error in the cell.

"Niek Otten" wrote:

<are not working

How do you see that?

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten
Microsoft MVP - Excel

"Darrell" wrote in message
|I put the checkmark, but the functions are not working. I have been
throught
| this process on a number of other computers with no problem. Any ideas?
|
| "Niek Otten" wrote:
|
| The EFFECT() and NOMINAL() functions should be available. Did you put
a checkmark near Analysis Toolpak in the ToolsAdd-ins
| dialog?
|
| --
| Kind regards,
|
| Niek Otten
| Microsoft MVP - Excel
|
| "Darrell" wrote in message
| |I have activated the 'Analysis Toolpak' add -in, but many financial
functions
| | are still not available - such as nominal and effective formula
conversions.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

I've only encountered the problem once myself, and it seemed to solve itself
without me having to do anything too drastic. I guess that if a solution is
found it may be mentioned in this group. I don't know whether the problem
still occurs in later versions of Excel such as 2007.
--
David Biddulph

"Darrell" wrote in message
If I 'insert function' and select 'financial' from the drop-down menu,
the
'nominal' and 'effect' formulas are not amongst the options. Also, if I
open
a spreadsheet with a 'nominal' or 'effect' formula, it does not display
the
result, but gives a #name error in the cell.

"Niek Otten" wrote:

<are not working

How do you see that?

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten
Microsoft MVP - Excel

"Darrell" wrote in message
|I put the checkmark, but the functions are not working. I have been
throught
| this process on a number of other computers with no problem. Any
ideas?

| "Niek Otten" wrote:
|
| The EFFECT() and NOMINAL() functions should be available. Did you
put
a checkmark near Analysis Toolpak in the ToolsAdd-ins
| dialog?
|
| --
| Kind regards,
|
| Niek Otten
| Microsoft MVP - Excel
|
| "Darrell" wrote in message
| |I have activated the 'Analysis Toolpak' add -in, but many
financial
functions
| | are still not available - such as nominal and effective formula
conversions.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

In article ,
"David Biddulph" <groups [at] biddulph.org.uk wrote:

I don't know whether the problem still occurs in later versions of
Excel such as 2007.

It doesn't since the ATP functions were brought into the application in
XL07.