Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Linking Daily Worksheet To Daily Invoice Total

I'm trying to develop a system for purchase orders. I have listed all of our
companies and the relavent products in 10 different worksheets, one for each
provider.

Each day, I will be updating the orders in the worksheets as they come in.
At the end of the day, instead of printing out the entire workbook of
products, I want only the purchases (product, amount, and provider) to link
to a new worksheet of daily totals. Is this possible? How?

Your help is greatly appreciated.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

I think this can be done with a setup like I've shown in the workbook linked
to he
http://www.jlathamsite.com/uploads/f...ilyInvoice.xls
You'd set up duplicate lists of each of the 10 worksheets on the daily
summary sheet. Those lists would have all of the Companies listed with their
products listed below them down that sheet. I've shown a SUMPRODUCT()
formula that would retrieve the amount/quantity of each for any given date to
the daily summary sheet - you'd simply change the date on that sheet to get a
particular day's summary. Then using AutoFilter, you can choose NOT to
display items that had a zero amount/quantity, so the sheet then shortens up
to show just what was received. It could use a little tweaking to make it
better (right now all company names would be displayed even if no products
were received from them), but hopefully it will give you an idea of one way
to deal with this. I only set it up for two other worksheets/companies, but
I think you'll see right away how to expand it to include all 10 of yours.