Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default Linking daily sheets?

;) I'm keeping track of daily sales at a small store. I would like to
open one spreadsheet, enter all the sales for the day, and have a
running 'year to date' sales total at the end, so it needs to take the
YTD total from yesterdays sheet and add it to todays total. I save
each daily sheet under 'save as (whatever todays date is)'. I know how
to link two sheets, but how do I tell it to take the total from the
last sheet made since the spreadsheet name changes each day?
Thanks,
sls-sls

--
sls-sls
sls-sls's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=37893

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Hi try this one

=INDIRECT("'[date.xls]" & TEXT(TODAY()-1,"mm-dd-yy") & "'!$C$10")
[date.xls] is your daily workbook name
TEXT(TODAY()-1,"mm-dd-yy") - this is the Sheet name of daily workbook. when
ever you are inserting one sheet in a day, change sheet name to date (format
mm-dd-yy)
$C$10 - Total cell address

i hope this formula will help you, if it is, pls do rating