Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default date calcualtion

I am trying to return a date that is seven days prior to the date I choose,
but I want to omit Saturday and Sunday. Therefore if the date of the event
is Sunday March 18, 2007 and I want to receive payment seven days prior I
would like to have the formula automatically return a date seven days prior,
but since that day would be Sunday I need to return Friday as the date I need.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi

Provided you have the Analysis Toolpak loaded, ToolsAddinscheck
Analysis Toolpak
then
=WORKDAY(A1,-6)
should do what you want.
--
Regards

Roger Govier

"whitewater" wrote in message
I am trying to return a date that is seven days prior to the date I
choose,
but I want to omit Saturday and Sunday. Therefore if the date of the
event
is Sunday March 18, 2007 and I want to receive payment seven days
prior I
would like to have the formula automatically return a date seven days
prior,
but since that day would be Sunday I need to return Friday as the date
I need.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

On Thu, 15 Mar 2007 16:00:02 -0700, whitewater
wrote:

I am trying to return a date that is seven days prior to the date I choose,
but I want to omit Saturday and Sunday. Therefore if the date of the event
is Sunday March 18, 2007 and I want to receive payment seven days prior I
would like to have the formula automatically return a date seven days prior,
but since that day would be Sunday I need to return Friday as the date I need.

=WORKDAY(A1-6,-1)

If the WORKDAY function is not available, and returns the #NAME? error, install
and load the Analysis ToolPak add-in.

How?

On the Tools menu, click Add-Ins.
In the Add-Ins available list, select the Analysis ToolPak box, and then click
OK.
If necessary, follow the instructions in the setup program.

--ron
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

On Thu, 15 Mar 2007 23:58:58 -0000, "Roger Govier"
wrote:

Hi

Provided you have the Analysis Toolpak loaded, ToolsAddinscheck
Analysis Toolpak
then
=WORKDAY(A1,-6)
should do what you want.

Hmmm

Monday, March 19, 2007 -- Friday March 9, 2007
--ron

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi Ron

Of course, you are correct with your solution of
=WORKDAY(A1-6,-1)
but mine would get the money in sooner<vbg
Thanks for the correction.

--
Regards

Roger Govier