Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Calcualtion of renewal

I want to create an automatic renewal for calcualtion of depreciation
after x years. To explain
this is what I want it to look like. I want a formula for this

No; of Years Year 1 Year 2 Year 3 Year 4 Year 5...... Year 30

3 Years

4 Years

5 Years

7 Years

10 Years

If a asset is purchased in the first year it will have to be renewed at
the end of 3 years, or 4 years or 5 years depending on the life cycle
of the asset. How do I come up with a formula that will automatically
put the value of the asset every 3 years if it is a 3 year asset or put
the value every 5 years if it is a 5 year asset etc. To complicate
things I have set out the Year as 12 monthly periods I am sure there
will be someone out there to help me solve this problem. I am looking
for a single forumula that will calculate the renewals.

I hope I have made myself clear.