Soz

Default If And Or functions

Hello,
Looking for help in using above functions in one formula if possible.

A B C
1 1234 195 formula (with "yes" return)
2 1234 190 "yes" return also needed
because it corresponds with equal number above it
3 2222 195 "yes" return also needed
4 2222 195 "yes" return also needed
5 2222 190 "yes" return also needed

I'm looking to get a "yes" return in column (C) if the number in column A
(A1) matches the one after it (A2) but only if the first number (A1) has 195
in column B (B1) and 190 or 195 in column B (B2) for the equal number in
(A2). I also need a "yes" return for the second number for filtering
purposes. I have a long list of numbers and I've Sorted it first by column A
then by B in descending order. I'm looking to autofilter list (column c) by
"yes" but need to view all equal numbers (A1 & A2).

I hope I explained this correctly. Any help is greatly appreciated.
Soz

JulieD

Hi Soz

try -

for C1
=IF(AND(A1=A2,B1=195,OR(B2=190,B2=195)),"yes","no" )

for D1 and fill down rest of list
=IF(AND(A2=A3,B2=195,OR(B3=190,B3=195)),"yes",IF(A ND(A2=A1,B1=195,OR(B2=195,B2=190)),"yes","no"))

Cheers
JulieD

"Soz" wrote in message
[...]

Coltsfan

If I understand correctly, you could do a vlookup formula to search your
number in column B and then return true if the same number is in the
column. If I misunderstood let me know because I do the same thing
your doing all the time.

--
Coltsfan
Coltsfan's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=19982