Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Month Name from a date

Hi All,
How can I get the month name from a full date?

Cell A1 contains 28/02/07 and all I want is for the cell value of B1 to be
February.

I know I can format the dd/mm/yy but when I put this in a pivot table it
lists each date individually.

The only solution I have is to do a vlookup to a range listing which month
number equals which month name.

Any suggestions gratefully received.

Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Pablo,

If you want the 3-letter month abbreviation:

=TEXT(A1, "mmm")

If you want to full month name:

=TEXT(A1, "mmmm")