Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default If sate ment using edate

to keep my cell clear until someone enters data in another cell

I would like to do the following formula
=IF($G15="", "",edate($G15.1))

This is not working

G15 is a date

I want to say if g15 has a blank field ,leave empty, if it is not empty take
the date and add a month

It is probably simple, please help

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

On Thu, 8 Mar 2007 03:14:33 -0800, Merge
wrote:

to keep my cell clear until someone enters data in another cell

I would like to do the following formula
=IF($G15="", "",edate($G15.1))

This is not working

G15 is a date

I want to say if g15 has a blank field ,leave empty, if it is not empty take
the date and add a month

It is probably simple, please help

=IF($G15="", "",edate($G15,1))
^