Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default How to return data?

I am an average user and am looking for a way to return data from several
cells on several worksheets to several cells on a single worksheet all within
one workbook. I have individual worksheets for many customers to track
projects. I would like to return data to an "At a glance" worksheet which
customer is on schedule and which is not thereby eliminating the need to open
each worksheet to track the customer's project status. I'm sure this is an
easy one, but it has me stumped. Thanks in advance for any assistance.
--
Mr. Brown
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

It's basically the same setup as showing the result of another cell on the
same sheet, except the cell formula also contains the other sheet's name, as

='Customer 1'!B9
or
='Customer 4'!AZ4

As long as you just need to return data from those other sheets that is
always in the same location, that scheme will work fine.

You can have Excel do the typing for you by first selecting the cell you
want on the 'at a glance' sheet and typing an = symbol, then click on the
sheet and cell to get the information from and hit [Enter]. Repeat as
required.

"KUKA Guy" wrote:

I am an average user and am looking for a way to return data from several
cells on several worksheets to several cells on a single worksheet all within
one workbook. I have individual worksheets for many customers to track
projects. I would like to return data to an "At a glance" worksheet which
customer is on schedule and which is not thereby eliminating the need to open
each worksheet to track the customer's project status. I'm sure this is an
easy one, but it has me stumped. Thanks in advance for any assistance.
--
Mr. Brown

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Thanks for the assistance. I am looking to simplify as much as possible
though and this would entail a lot of data input. To give more detail, I
have basically 5 columns with different text and numeric data on each
worksheet. One of the columns (Column E) has a YES/NO response as to whether
the project is on schedule or not. I would like to have one worksheet that
looks at all of the worksheets and reports back only the projects that are
not on schedule. This worksheet would duplicate the information that is in
the 4 columns of the other worksheets if the answer in the 5th column if the
answer is NO. I hope this makes sense and you are able to help. Thanks in
advance.
--
Mr. Brown

"KUKA Guy" wrote:

I am an average user and am looking for a way to return data from several
cells on several worksheets to several cells on a single worksheet all within
one workbook. I have individual worksheets for many customers to track
projects. I would like to return data to an "At a glance" worksheet which
customer is on schedule and which is not thereby eliminating the need to open
each worksheet to track the customer's project status. I'm sure this is an
easy one, but it has me stumped. Thanks in advance for any assistance.
--
Mr. Brown

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

You should look into DataFilter.

Using it, you can select only those records which have No in Column E. Then copy
the visible data to your consolidation spreadsheet.

Fred