Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Special Paste

Help!

I tried to copy some data from one workbook to another (special paste).
Then I made changes to he initial workbook, when I went back to the workbook
that I did the special paste - no update. I thought if I did a "special
paste" - once I changed the data in the initial workbook, it will
automatically change in the other workbook?

I thank you in advance for your prompt response.

Rhonda Randolph
Medical University of South Carolina
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Rhonda,

Choose the "Paste Link" option.

HTH,
Bernie
MS Excel MVP

"Rhonda" wrote in message
Help!

I tried to copy some data from one workbook to another (special paste).
Then I made changes to he initial workbook, when I went back to the
workbook
that I did the special paste - no update. I thought if I did a "special
paste" - once I changed the data in the initial workbook, it will
automatically change in the other workbook?

I thank you in advance for your prompt response.

Rhonda Randolph
Medical University of South Carolina

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

What you describe will not work unless, when you did the first paste
special, you selected "Paste link." Otherwise it won't link. Select what you
want to copy, move to the destination workbook and select Paste Link; in the
dialog box check "Paste link" before selecting a format in the "as" box.

"Rhonda" wrote in message
Help!

I tried to copy some data from one workbook to another (special paste).
Then I made changes to he initial workbook, when I went back to the
workbook
that I did the special paste - no update. I thought if I did a "special
paste" - once I changed the data in the initial workbook, it will
automatically change in the other workbook?

I thank you in advance for your prompt response.

Rhonda Randolph
Medical University of South Carolina

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi Sir Bernie,

I wonder if there is a link that can help us to paste specialpaste link
ALL incldg. cond. format with formula...

regards

--
*****
birds of the same feather flock together..

"Rhonda" wrote in message
Help!

I tried to copy some data from one workbook to another (special paste).
Then I made changes to he initial workbook, when I went back to the
workbook
that I did the special paste - no update. I thought if I did a "special
paste" - once I changed the data in the initial workbook, it will
automatically change in the other workbook?

I thank you in advance for your prompt response.

Rhonda Randolph
Medical University of South Carolina

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

driller,

Do a paste (which will paste everything, include conditional formatting with
formulas) and then do the pastespecial paste links right after, which will
create the links only.

HTH,
Bernie
MS Excel MVP

"Rhonda" wrote in message
Help!

I tried to copy some data from one workbook to another (special paste).
Then I made changes to he initial workbook, when I went back to the
workbook
that I did the special paste - no update. I thought if I did a
"special
paste" - once I changed the data in the initial workbook, it will
automatically change in the other workbook?

I thank you in advance for your prompt response.

Rhonda Randolph
Medical University of South Carolina

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

thanks for the info, sir Bernie,

i still don't know where i can find a smart add-in to do ALL paste special
at once...
maybe someone had already did it, and he/she will be helpful for easy
tracking of multi-workbook linked all together...

regards
--
*****