Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Richard O. Neville Richard O. Neville is offline

Default Special Paste

What you describe will not work unless, when you did the first paste
special, you selected "Paste link." Otherwise it won't link. Select what you
want to copy, move to the destination workbook and select Paste Link; in the
dialog box check "Paste link" before selecting a format in the "as" box.

"Rhonda" wrote in message
Help!

I tried to copy some data from one workbook to another (special paste).
Then I made changes to he initial workbook, when I went back to the
workbook
that I did the special paste - no update. I thought if I did a "special
paste" - once I changed the data in the initial workbook, it will
automatically change in the other workbook?

I thank you in advance for your prompt response.

Rhonda Randolph
Medical University of South Carolina