Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default How to freeze cells to always remain the same value

I want to be able to have all numbers in column a remain the same, no matter
if rows are deleted, or re-sorted with the other corresponding columns. How
do I go about doing this?

For example at the moment I have numbers 1-200 listed in column A, but when
you do any sort function on any of the other columns it jumbles or the
numbers around.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

First lock the cells and then turn on sheet protection
--
Gary''s Student
gsnu200708

"Alex" wrote:

I want to be able to have all numbers in column a remain the same, no matter
if rows are deleted, or re-sorted with the other corresponding columns. How
do I go about doing this?

For example at the moment I have numbers 1-200 listed in column A, but when
you do any sort function on any of the other columns it jumbles or the
numbers around.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

In A1 enter =ROW()

Copy down to A200.

Deleting rows or sorting will not affect column A.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP