Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Detenbeck3890

Default Can some cells remain unprotected in a protected spreadsheet ?

I know that Lotus allows for spreadsheet protection, allowing the user to
unprotect specific cells, thus protecting against overwriting a formula while
entering variables into the spreadsheet. An example may be an amortization
schedule, containing formula to be protected, while allowing the term, rate,
and amount fields to be accessed? Can anyone help or do I have to use Lotus
!!!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
LACA

Select the cells you do not want protected.

Then:

- Format
- Cells
- Protection tab