carikermoon

Default Spreadsheet won't let me merge cells. plse help.

I created a spreadsheet and had no problems adding rows and merging cells
until today. Now the Merge Cells button is grayed out on my toolbar, and the
spreadsheet will not let me merge cells. I have hit "ENTER" to "exit the
editing mode" as per the MS website, but that didn't do squat. Please help.
Anne Troy

Is it protected?
************
Anne Troy
www.OfficeArticles.com

"carikermoon" wrote in message
I created a spreadsheet and had no problems adding rows and merging cells
until today. Now the Merge Cells button is grayed out on my toolbar, and
the
spreadsheet will not let me merge cells. I have hit "ENTER" to "exit the
editing mode" as per the MS website, but that didn't do squat. Please
help.

carikermoon

No, the sheet is not protected. It is on the network and 3 other people have
access to the folder and can therefore make changes. I did check and no one
else is working in this file today (just me).

"Anne Troy" wrote:

Is it protected?
************
Anne Troy
www.OfficeArticles.com

"carikermoon" wrote in message
I created a spreadsheet and had no problems adding rows and merging cells
until today. Now the Merge Cells button is grayed out on my toolbar, and
the
spreadsheet will not let me merge cells. I have hit "ENTER" to "exit the
editing mode" as per the MS website, but that didn't do squat. Please
help.

Michael

If you have shared the workbook, from the tools menu, then I don't think you
can merge cells. To do so, you first have to unshare the workbook.
--
Sincerely, Michael Colvin

"carikermoon" wrote:

No, the sheet is not protected. It is on the network and 3 other people have
access to the folder and can therefore make changes. I did check and no one
else is working in this file today (just me).

"Anne Troy" wrote:

Is it protected?
************
Anne Troy
www.OfficeArticles.com

"carikermoon" wrote in message
I created a spreadsheet and had no problems adding rows and merging cells
until today. Now the Merge Cells button is grayed out on my toolbar, and
the
spreadsheet will not let me merge cells. I have hit "ENTER" to "exit the
editing mode" as per the MS website, but that didn't do squat. Please
help.

carikermoon

Michael,

That did the trick!

Thank you very much,
Nancy

"carikermoon" wrote:

No, the sheet is not protected. It is on the network and 3 other people have
access to the folder and can therefore make changes. I did check and no one
else is working in this file today (just me).

"Anne Troy" wrote:

Is it protected?
************
Anne Troy
www.OfficeArticles.com

"carikermoon" wrote in message
I created a spreadsheet and had no problems adding rows and merging cells
until today. Now the Merge Cells button is grayed out on my toolbar, and
the
spreadsheet will not let me merge cells. I have hit "ENTER" to "exit the
editing mode" as per the MS website, but that didn't do squat. Please
help.

Michael

Glad to be of help, Nancy. Thanks very much for the feed back.
--
Sincerely, Michael Colvin

"carikermoon" wrote:

Michael,

That did the trick!

Thank you very much,
Nancy

"carikermoon" wrote:

No, the sheet is not protected. It is on the network and 3 other people have
access to the folder and can therefore make changes. I did check and no one
else is working in this file today (just me).

"Anne Troy" wrote:

Is it protected?