Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Select stock code depending on description in next column

I want to have a stock code (one of four) placed in a cell depending on the
text in the column to the right, the text in this column could be one of
about 200 different entries.
Example: when h9 shows text "A1", I want e9 (i have a few merged cells) to
show 3G110 or if h9 shows "S4", I want e9 to show 3G117

Any suggestions