Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default using VLOOKUP to condense data on separate spreadsheet

Hello all-

I have two sheets, sheet1 and sheet2. I am condensing sheet1 (filled with
approx 5000 rows to sort through)

Sheet1:
branch acct# name total
1 12345 misc $100.00
2 12345 misc $50.00
1 12367 oil $100.00

Sheet2:
branch acct# name total
1 12345 misc ???

If I was doing an if/then setup on this, it would be IF branch=1 AND
acct#=12345 on Sheet1 THEN put the total from sheet1 into the
total cell for sheet2. What would be the best way to tackle this? I was
thinking starting =IF(VLOOKUP...What formula would I be placing in sheet2
total cell? Thanks In Advance - Jason

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Amy Amy is offline

I would temporarily create 2 sheets; sort one for branch 1 only and one for
branch 2 only. You will need to do this for both files.
Then I would use the VLOOKUP function on each sheet, using the account
number as the lookup value and return your totals-- for example:

File 1 Sheet1: my look up sheet
branch acct# name total
1 12345 misc $100.00

and