Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Difficulty hiding rows

I'm copying and pasting data into a worksheet. When I try and hide rows to
make the scroll bar more usable, I get the message 'cannot shift objects off
sheet'. These rows are blank. Any suggestions?
Thanks
Karen

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

See if this article helps

"Cannot shift objects off sheet" error message when you hide columns in
Excel

it says columns, but may equally apply to rows.

--
---
HTH

Bob

"purpletigerface via OfficeKB.com" <u31994@uwe wrote in message
I'm copying and pasting data into a worksheet. When I try and hide rows to
make the scroll bar more usable, I get the message 'cannot shift objects
off
sheet'. These rows are blank. Any suggestions?
Thanks
Karen

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Thanks Bob,
That article sounds like it might help except I don't know how to find the
(hidden?) object that might be in those 62,000 rows I'm trying to hide. The
article seems to rely on you knowing where the object is!
Interestingly, when I use Ctrl + End to move to the last entry, in fact it
moves to the last row on the worksheet. I wonder if I'm pasting in some
formatting or something from the data I'm moving that is causing this? It's
come from a very old Word Perfect Version via Word!
Karen