Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Formulas to calculate only when data is populated.

I have IF formulas referencing information that is populated monthly. I've
copied the formula's down for the next several years, but won't need those
formula's to calculate until the corresponding month of data is input. So my
IF formula's are yielding either TRUE or FALSE results because there isn't
any data to calculate from. Is there a way to engage a formula only when data
is populated in a certain field?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
CLR CLR is offline

=IF(LEN(A1)=0,"",YourFormula)