TKT

Default Conditional formulas: color code text populated cells?

Hi There,

I would like to set up a formula that recognizes the text (i.e. render or
"R") I have noted in a cell and assign a color to it...whichever color I have
designated.

Is this possible or am I asking too much of MS Excel? Please advise....any
feedback would greatly be appreciated!

~TKT

JE McGimpsey

One way:

Assuming that cell A1 is selected:

CF1: =OR(A1="R", A1="render")
Format1: <patterns/<color

In article ,
TKT wrote:

Hi There,

I would like to set up a formula that recognizes the text (i.e. render or
"R") I have noted in a cell and assign a color to it...whichever color I have
designated.

Is this possible or am I asking too much of MS Excel? Please advise....any
feedback would greatly be appreciated!

~TKT

TKT

Thank you for taking the time to respond....greatly appreciate it! I will
try it
and see how it works. ~TKT :)

"TKT" wrote in message
Hi There,

I would like to set up a formula that recognizes the text (i.e.
render or
"R") I have noted in a cell and assign a color to
it...whichever color I have
designated.

Is this possible or am I asking too much of MS Excel? Please
advise....any
feedback would greatly be appreciated!

~TKT

TKT

Hi JE,

To further complicate my issue, what if I have a drop down list....can I
still set it to recognize the various codes set? Example given below:

F = Fixed (want to reflect blue)
R = Rendering (want to reflect green)
N = Null (want to reflect yellow)
P = Pass (want to reflect grey)

My drop down menu has the options "F", "R", "N" and "P"....once someone
selects "F" or one of the other 3, can it be assigned the various colors
which I've listed above? I am desperately trying to have this automatically
color the cell once the code is selected.

Hope I am making sense....please advise and thanks again! ~TKT

TKT wrote:

Hi There,

I would like to set up a formula that recognizes the text (i.e. render or
"R") I have noted in a cell and assign a color to it...whichever color I have
designated.

Is this possible or am I asking too much of MS Excel? Please advise....any
feedback would greatly be appreciated!

~TKT

Max

See one response to your later post ..