Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default disabling backup documents in Excel

I am using Windows XP Professional v5.1 with SP2 installed. I have an Excel
2003 document that I am using as a Master document. Originally I saved it as
a template, but about 4 months ago I saved it as a workbook, but made it a
Read-only document. It worked fine for months until a co-worker got into it.
She undid the Read-only access; fiddled with the document somehow; saved
it; then returned it to Read-only access. What she did inside the document
was fine, except now it always makes a backup copy. The first time I save it
I have to assign it a new name which is normal. If I modify it and save it
again under the same name it makes a backup copy titled "Backup of . . .".
In the Tools/Options/Savetab I have Save Autorecover info . . . unchecked.
Any other ideas on how to disable this automatic backup feature?