Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Disabling Document AutoRecovery in Excel by script

Due to a dependency on legacy excel based applications, we have a need to
disable the Document AutoRecovery function within Excel 2003, to minimise
risk of corrupting the application.

ScriptCenter has a snippet of code for enabling AutoRecover, though it is
already enabled by default =/

Set objExcel = CreateObject("Excel.Application")
objExcel.AutoRecover.Enabled
objExcel.Quit

I have tried a number of alternatives but still cannot get the Disable
AutoRecovery checkbox ticked. It's location is (Within Excel) Tools, Options
[Save]

All customise functions of AutoRecovery are registry based, EXCEPT
Enable/Disable.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Application.AutoRecover.Enabled = False
-----------
Jim Cone
San Francisco, USA

"Sedgwick"

wrote in message
Due to a dependency on legacy excel based applications, we have a need to
disable the Document AutoRecovery function within Excel 2003, to minimise
risk of corrupting the application.

ScriptCenter has a snippet of code for enabling AutoRecover, though it is
already enabled by default =/

Set objExcel = CreateObject("Excel.Application")
objExcel.AutoRecover.Enabled
objExcel.Quit

I have tried a number of alternatives but still cannot get the Disable
AutoRecovery checkbox ticked. It's location is (Within Excel) Tools, Options
[Save]

All customise functions of AutoRecovery are registry based, EXCEPT
Enable/Disable.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thanks Jim.

Have you successfully tested this?

This is one of the changes I made through testing and had no luck with.

If someone is able to confirm this works, then I will tuen my attention to
Group Policy and possibly Excel.pip.

Kind Regards,

Simon

wrote in message
Due to a dependency on legacy excel based applications, we have a need to
disable the Document AutoRecovery function within Excel 2003, to minimise
risk of corrupting the application.

ScriptCenter has a snippet of code for enabling AutoRecover, though it is
already enabled by default =/

Set objExcel = CreateObject("Excel.Application")
objExcel.AutoRecover.Enabled
objExcel.Quit

I have tried a number of alternatives but still cannot get the Disable
AutoRecovery checkbox ticked. It's location is (Within Excel) Tools, Options
[Save]

All customise functions of AutoRecovery are registry based, EXCEPT
Enable/Disable.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Simon,
It's pretty straight forward stuff...
.Enabled = False will uncheck it.
.Enabled = True will check it.

Yes it works for me, but I am not on a server, using a shared workbook
and automating Excel from Visio or whatever you are doing.<g

Also, I tested it on XL 2002 only. AutoRecover is not available in XL 97.
Regards,
Jim Cone

"Sedgwick"

wrote in message
Due to a dependency on legacy excel based applications, we have a need to
disable the Document AutoRecovery function within Excel 2003, to minimise
risk of corrupting the application.

ScriptCenter has a snippet of code for enabling AutoRecover, though it is
already enabled by default =/

Set objExcel = CreateObject("Excel.Application")
objExcel.AutoRecover.Enabled
objExcel.Quit

I have tried a number of alternatives but still cannot get the Disable
AutoRecovery checkbox ticked. It's location is (Within Excel) Tools, Options
[Save]

All customise functions of AutoRecovery are registry based, EXCEPT
Enable/Disable.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Jim,

Thanks, I have tried that with no success, I suspect that this was changed
from 2002 to 2003.

We will be deploying Office 2003 SP2

I will be able to test this at home I suppose, this will elliminate the AD
and Group Policy from the equation.

Enjoy your weekend, I'll update this post from home.

Simon