Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default count how many groups have been completed.

try again - i screwed up

I have my last answer, ty to the person who answered it. Here is my
current question.

Again in groups of 6 rows in a column, numbered 1-6, i need to make a
total of the number of groups that have an entry in adjoining cells.
ie as follows

1 AB 1 YZ # Of Groups Full
2
2 BC 2 XY
3 CD 3 VX
4 DE 4 UV
5 EF 5 TU
6 FG 6 ST

What i need is a count as above, # of groups that have an entry in 6
would suggest group full.

TIA
Esra

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Sorry, this is not clear. Why don't you tell us what the correct answer
would be for your sample data, and maybe for another sample. From that we
might be able to figure out what the question is. Why do you have two row
2's?
--
Thanks,
Shane Devenshire

"excel" wrote:

try again - i screwed up

I have my last answer, ty to the person who answered it. Here is my
current question.

Again in groups of 6 rows in a column, numbered 1-6, i need to make a
total of the number of groups that have an entry in adjoining cells.
ie as follows

1 AB 1 YZ # Of Groups Full
2
2 BC 2 XY
3 CD 3 VX
4 DE 4 UV
5 EF 5 TU
6 FG 6 ST

What i need is a count as above, # of groups that have an entry in 6
would suggest group full.

TIA
Esra

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

"excel" wrote:
try again - i screwed up

I have my last answer, ty to the person who answered it. Here is my
current question.

Again in groups of 6 rows in a column, numbered 1-6, i need to make a
total of the number of groups that have an entry in adjoining cells.
ie as follows

1 AB 1 YZ # Of Groups Full
2
2 BC 2 XY
3 CD 3 VX
4 DE 4 UV
5 EF 5 TU
6 FG 6 ST

What i need is a count as above, # of groups that have an entry in 6
would suggest group full.

TIA
Esra- Hide quoted text -

If I present it like this, it might help. didnt allow for text wrap
in question.

A B C D E
1 AB 1 YZ # Of Groups Full 2
2 BC 2 XY

[...]