Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Count Unique Numbers

I have a list of number with many duplicates. I need to know how many unique
numbers are in that list. For example if the list was 2,2,2,3,4,5,5,5,6 I
would like to know that there are 5 unique numbers in the list.

This spreadsheet will be updated by people who are not familiar with Excel,
so I would like this to be as automated as possible.

Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

See he http://www.cpearson.com/excel/duplicat.htm, specifically, the
section Counting Unique Entries in a Range.

Have a macro attached to a button which carries out the calculation, if you
want to automate this.

Dave

"Averitt Engineer" wrote:

I have a list of number with many duplicates. I need to know how many unique
numbers are in that list. For example if the list was 2,2,2,3,4,5,5,5,6 I
would like to know that there are 5 unique numbers in the list.

This spreadsheet will be updated by people who are not familiar with Excel,
so I would like this to be as automated as possible.

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

=SUMPRODUCT(1/COUNTIF(A2:A10,A2:A10))

HTH
Kostis Vezerides

On Feb 14, 7:57 pm, Averitt Engineer <Averitt
wrote:
I have a list of number with many duplicates. I need to know how many unique
numbers are in that list. For example if the list was 2,2,2,3,4,5,5,5,6 I
would like to know that there are 5 unique numbers in the list.

This spreadsheet will be updated by people who are not familiar with Excel,
so I would like this to be as automated as possible.

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

=SUMPRODUCT((A2:A200<"")/COUNTIF(A2:A200,A2:A200&""))

--
---
HTH

Bob

"Averitt Engineer" <Averitt wrote in
message ...
I have a list of number with many duplicates. I need to know how many
unique
numbers are in that list. For example if the list was 2,2,2,3,4,5,5,5,6 I
would like to know that there are 5 unique numbers in the list.

This spreadsheet will be updated by people who are not familiar with
Excel,
so I would like this to be as automated as possible.

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

=SUMPRODUCT((A1:A100<"")/COUNTIF(A1:A100,A1:A100&""))

If all the numbers are in a cell then do this:
Data Text to Column Next select Comma
then use formula above and adjust your range

"Averitt Engineer" wrote:

I have a list of number with many duplicates. I need to know how many unique
numbers are in that list. For example if the list was 2,2,2,3,4,5,5,5,6 I
would like to know that there are 5 unique numbers in the list.

This spreadsheet will be updated by people who are not familiar with Excel,
so I would like this to be as automated as possible.

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

"T. Valko" wrote...
Here's another one: