Dave Edge

Default summary count of unique numbers

I am trying to create a supplier delivery performance spreadsheet and I need
to be able to show a count of the total number of unique orders placed for
each supplier. The worksheet is sub-totalled on a count of the number of
receipts made but one order can have one to many receipts.

SuppNo OrderNo ReceiptNo
123 9961 1
456 9978 16
456 9982 33
789 9999 46
789 9999 57

Therefore SuppNo 123 has 1 Order(s) and 1 Receipt(s)
456 2 2
789 1 2

Can anyone help me please!
Jim May

Bob:
I tried an example of this, without success;
All I get are "0"'s...
Could you revisit your formula and verify
that it is the correct approach.
Thanks,
Jim

"Bob Phillips" wrote in message
=SUMPRODUCT(--(A2:A200=456),B2:B200)

for orders, change column B to C for recipts.

--

HTH

RP

"Dave Edge" <Dave wrote in message
I am trying to create a supplier delivery performance spreadsheet and I

need
to be able to show a count of the total number of unique orders placed
for
each supplier. The worksheet is sub-totalled on a count of the number of
receipts made but one order can have one to many receipts.

SuppNo OrderNo ReceiptNo
123 9961 1
456 9978 16
456 9982 33
789 9999 46
789 9999 57

Therefore SuppNo 123 has 1 Order(s) and 1 Receipt(s)
456 2 2
789 1 2

Can anyone help me please!

Bob Phillips

Jim,

I don't get 0, but you are right, the formula doesn't do what the OP wants.
This should do what was asked

=SUM(--(FREQUENCY(IF(A2:A100=456,MATCH(B2:B100,B2:B100,0) ),ROW(INDIRECT("1:"
&ROWS(B2:B100))))0))

it is an array formula, so commit with ctrl-shift-enter
--

HTH

RP