Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Not all values showing

I have a cell where I have concatenated 2 cells with very long paragraphs in
each. These 2 cells were made up of concatenations of other cells and were
split since Excel indicates that the original formulas were too long. The
problem is that the value in the cell does not completely show and there is
still white space at the bottom of the cell. If I change the column width,
the amount of text that shows changes somewhat, but still never shows it all.
I have copied and pasted the value of the cell into Word and the entire
contents are there.

Does anyone know how I might get this data to show?

Thanks in Advance
Beth
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Put an occasional hard-return in the cell along with the text.

The hard-retrun is ALT-ENTER
--
Gary''s Student
gsnu200706

"BethB" wrote:

I have a cell where I have concatenated 2 cells with very long paragraphs in
each. These 2 cells were made up of concatenations of other cells and were
split since Excel indicates that the original formulas were too long. The
problem is that the value in the cell does not completely show and there is
still white space at the bottom of the cell. If I change the column width,
the amount of text that shows changes somewhat, but still never shows it all.
I have copied and pasted the value of the cell into Word and the entire
contents are there.

Does anyone know how I might get this data to show?

Thanks in Advance
Beth

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Thanks for responding, but that did not seem to help.
Is it perhaps that this is a formula and not straight text? - I cannot seem
to get it to recognize the hard return.

Beth

"BethB" wrote:

I have a cell where I have concatenated 2 cells with very long paragraphs in
each. These 2 cells were made up of concatenations of other cells and were
split since Excel indicates that the original formulas were too long. The
problem is that the value in the cell does not completely show and there is
still white space at the bottom of the cell. If I change the column width,
the amount of text that shows changes somewhat, but still never shows it all.
I have copied and pasted the value of the cell into Word and the entire
contents are there.

Does anyone know how I might get this data to show?

Thanks in Advance
Beth

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Beth

Only you can tell whether or not the text is a result of a formula.

What do you see in the Formula Bar.

Text or Formula?

If a formula, convert to a value by copypaste specialvaluesokesc

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

"BethB" wrote:

I have a cell where I have concatenated 2 cells with very long paragraphs in
each. These 2 cells were made up of concatenations of other cells and were
split since Excel indicates that the original formulas were too long. The
problem is that the value in the cell does not completely show and there is
still white space at the bottom of the cell. If I change the column width,
the amount of text that shows changes somewhat, but still never shows it all.
I have copied and pasted the value of the cell into Word and the entire
contents are there.

Does anyone know how I might get this data to show?

Thanks in Advance
Beth

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

I know it is a formula, I am asking if it is not recognizing a hard return
because it is a formula.
I cannot figure out how to insert a hard return into a formula.

Here is what is in the cell I am having a problem with

=K8 & " " & L8 - not too complicated so far....

Here is where it gets complicated

This is in cell K8

="^If GEMUS Mailbox = "&""""&A8&""""&" Then If no "&B8&" Work Task exists,
Create a new "&""""&B8&""""&" Work Task with a "&""""&C8&""""&"
Classification and set Status = "&""""&I8&""""&" and Department = " & """" &
H8 & """" & ". Else If a "&B8&" Work Task already exists, and there is no
S2IQC Work Task OR a "&B8&" Work task already exists where the Rework Flag =
"&""""&"Yes"&""""&", Do not create a new Work Task and for the newest "&B8&"
Work Task set Status = "&""""&I8 &""""&". Else If a "&B8&" Work Task already
exists and there is an existing S2IQC Work Task, Create a new
"&""""&B8&""""&" Work Task with a "&""""&C8&""""&" Classification and set
Status = "&""""&I8&""""&" and Rework Flag = "&""""&"Yes"&""""&". If the
"&B8&" Work Task existed and was suspended, close that supend record by
setting the Suspend End Date to Today. "

This is in L7

= "If an Analyze/maintain Oscar Benefits or Optimum Flow Work Task exists,
set their status to "&""""&"Closed"&""""&" See TQR rules for existing I2OQC
Work Tasks. For the newest Code GEMUS Work Task, set Status = " & """" & J8 &
"""" & ". Create a new Suspend record for the newest Code GEMUS Work Task
setting Suspend Start = Today, Suspend Location = " & """" & D432 & """" & ",
Suspend Reason = " & """" & E432 & """" & " Carve Out MTM Flag = " & """" &
F432 & """" & " and Carve Out Performance Flag = " & """" & G432 & """" & "
If the Code GEMUS Work Task was already suspended, close that supend record
by setting the Suspend End Date to Today.~"

As you can see it is rather long

This the text that should show:

^If GEMUS Mailbox = "CBA.1" Then If no Analyze/Maintain Oscar Benefits Work
Task exists, Create a new "Analyze/Maintain Oscar Benefits" Work Task with a
"Group Update (GEMUS)" Classification and set Status = "In-Process" and
Department = "Benefit Coding". Else If a Analyze/Maintain Oscar Benefits Work
Task already exists, and there is no S2IQC Work Task OR a Analyze/Maintain
Oscar Benefits Work task already exists where the Rework Flag = "Yes", Do not
create a new Work Task and for the newest Analyze/Maintain Oscar Benefits
Work Task set Status = "In-Process". Else If a Analyze/Maintain Oscar
Benefits Work Task already exists and there is an existing S2IQC Work Task,
Create a new "Analyze/Maintain Oscar Benefits" Work Task with a "Group Update
(GEMUS)" Classification and set Status = "In-Process" and Rework Flag =
"Yes". If the Analyze/Maintain Oscar Benefits Work Task existed and was
suspended, close that supend record by setting the Suspend End Date to Today.
If an Analyze/maintain Oscar Benefits or Optimum Flow Work Task exists, set
their status to "Closed" See TQR rules for existing I2OQC Work Tasks. For the
newest Code GEMUS Work Task, set Status = "Suspended". Create a new Suspend
record for the newest Code GEMUS Work Task setting Suspend Start = Today,
Suspend Location = "External", Suspend Reason = "WPAQC.AGENT11" Carve Out
MTM Flag = "No" and Carve Out Performance Flag = "Yes" If the Code GEMUS Work
Task was already suspended, close that supend record by setting the Suspend
End Date to Today.~

This is what shows

[...]

Once again - any help is appreciated

Beth

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Beth

Without trying to scope out your formulas..............

You can enter a hard return in a formula by using the CHAR(10) function.

=A1 & CHAR(10) & B1 & CHAR(10) & C1 will place two hard returns in the cell.

="this is one line" & CHAR(10) & "this is the next line"

Gord