Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Sheets dates,weeks and Months. How do I

Hi all,

I have a workbook with 31 sheets for each day of the month, I also
have 5 sheets for weekly data.

How do I for every month put a date on a menu sheet so that the start
of the month (day) date is put into the right sheet and have the
weekly data sheets match up.?

Example in Australia March 1st starts on Thursday and I need Friday
Saturday Sunday to appear on the 1st weekly sheet.. and so on.

thanks for any ideas..
Stephen

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Guess what, 1st March is a Thursday everywhere else as well <G.

In the first cell of Week1 add, assuming that day 1 is in A1

=Monthly!A1

then in A2 add

=IF(A1="","",IF(MONTH(A1+1)<MONTH(Monthly!$A$1)," ",IF(WEEKDAY(A1+1)=2,"",A1
+1)))

and copy down to A7

on Week2, in A1 add

=IF(MONTH(MAX(Week1!A:A)+1)<MONTH(Monthly!A1),"", MAX(Week1!A:A)+1)

In A2 down use the same formula as Week1 A2:A7, then repeat the last two
steps for 3, 4 and 5.

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"pano" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi all,

I have a workbook with 31 sheets for each day of the month, I also
have 5 sheets for weekly data.

How do I for every month put a date on a menu sheet so that the start
of the month (day) date is put into the right sheet and have the
weekly data sheets match up.?

Example in Australia March 1st starts on Thursday and I need Friday
Saturday Sunday to appear on the 1st weekly sheet.. and so on.

thanks for any ideas..
Stephen

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi

Example in Australia March 1st starts on Thursday

Surprisingly, it does here in the Uk as well <vbg

On your first weekly sheet enter in A1
01/03/2007
in A2 enter
=IF(A1="","",IF(WEEKDAY(A1)=1,"",A1+1))

Do the same for your other weekly sheets, except in cell A1 of Week2
enter
=MAX(Week1!A:A)+1

On the other sheets of course it would have to be looking at Week2,
Week3 and Week4

--
Regards

Roger Govier

"pano" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi all,

I have a workbook with 31 sheets for each day of the month, I also
have 5 sheets for weekly data.

How do I for every month put a date on a menu sheet so that the start
of the month (day) date is put into the right sheet and have the
weekly data sheets match up.?

Example in Australia March 1st starts on Thursday and I need Friday
Saturday Sunday to appear on the 1st weekly sheet.. and so on.

thanks for any ideas..
Stephen

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Stevo!!! Maate!!! What's goin on?????

I just had to watch the Poms beat us in cricket for the the first time in
living memory, so I thought I'd check out the newsgroups for a reality
check, and what do I run into...??

Example in Australia March 1st starts on Thursday and I need Friday
Saturday Sunday to appear on the 1st weekly sheet.. and so on.

Sorry mate, but that's a shocker, hang your head in shame <vbg.

Cheers
Martin

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi

"pano" wrote in message

oups.com...

Hi all,

I have a workbook with 31 sheets for each day of the month, I also
have 5 sheets for weekly data.

How do I for every month put a date on a menu sheet so that the start
of the month (day) date is put into the right sheet and have the
weekly data sheets match up.?

Example in Australia March 1st starts on Thursday and I need Friday
Saturday Sunday to appear on the 1st weekly sheet.. and so on.

thanks for any ideas..
Stephen- Hide quoted text -

Thanks to both of you. They work very well and today is Friday 10.48pm
Bigger (VBG)

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

No way Bob,

The ashes win wasn't a victory for anyone. Australia played atrociously
and England played slightly less atrociously. If England were playing good
cricket we would have been flogged 5-0, as it turned out, it made for one of
the
closest contests in memory. The only thing that kept us alive is the fact
that
Shane Warne turned in one of the best performances of his already brilliant
career and we nearly managed to save the series on a couple of occasions
for the sake of just one ball.

You only have to look at the record books to see that Australia returned
to their winning ways and England went back to their usual dismal attempts.

Tonights game was a different story. England played with a will that I have
never seen before (from a bunch of Poms that is!!<bg). Their achievement
was even more remarkable, considering the fact that they have just been
dealt one of the worst canings of any touring side in history. It takes a
lot
of ticker to put together a performance like that in their situation so
there
is hope yet!

Bring it ONN I say!!!!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Maybe so Martin, but you said ... for the first time in living memory ...
and it wasn't, not even in 2007.

Whatever you say about the 2006 Ashes, whatever you say about us, you have
to admit that the CURRENT Oz team aren't up to much. Langer and Warne are
gone, Hayden and Gilchrist have seen their best. McGrath is shot, and won't
be playing soon anyway, Clarke, iffy, etc. etc. Without Ponting, you would
be very ordinary, he is class. We, on the other hand, are a team in
transition. It remains to be seen whether it will amount to anything, but it
is a bit like watching Arsenal, there is plenty of hope. I don't think there
is too much for you guys.

Also, the same will was shown against NZ last time, so maybe it is real?

Bob

"MartinW" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

G'day Bob,

I'm a complete cricket fan and it sounds like you are too. I'd love
to continue this discussion, however, I don't think this forum is the
right place to do it.

I just opened a hotmail account at

If you would care to post a message there and add a contact link
we could continue to tell each other how wrong we are!!!

Regards
Martin