Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Filling down w/o dragging

Is there any way to fill down formulas w/o dragging the + cursur. I'm
working on sheets w/ 50K records and dragging is time consuming. Thank-you Zb
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Select the cell you want copied & double click on the bottom right corner.

Excel will AutoFill down as far as the "current data" goes. Current data =
first adjacent columns on either side of selected cell. When both adjacent
columns contains a blank cell in the same row, the AutoFill will stop. This
is a rough description of observed behaviour. Your mileage may vary.

HTH,

"Zb Kornecki" <zDOTkorneckiATcomcastDOTnet wrote in message
Is there any way to fill down formulas w/o dragging the + cursur. I'm
working on sheets w/ 50K records and dragging is time consuming. Thank-you
Zb

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

If adjacent column has no blank cells just double-click on the fill handle to
copy all the way down.

OR.............

Assuming formula is in D1, type D1:D50000 in namebox then Enter then CTRL + D to
copy down.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Thu, 8 Feb 2007 12:24:02 -0800, Zb Kornecki <zDOTkorneckiATcomcastDOTnet
wrote:

Is there any way to fill down formulas w/o dragging the + cursur. I'm
working on sheets w/ 50K records and dragging is time consuming. Thank-you Zb

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Select the cell, hold Shift+Ctrl, then hit the down arrow key. When all
cells are selected, or all adjacent cells are selected (whatever the case may
be), hit Ctrl+D (for down). Ctrl+R works great for filling-right.

--
RyGuy

wrote:

Is there any way to fill down formulas w/o dragging the + cursur. I'm
working on sheets w/ 50K records and dragging is time consuming. Thank-you Zb

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi

I am doing exactly what you said below (and it has always worked really
well), but today I am getting a very weird result - when I double click on
bottom right of cell, I get the same number being copied in all the cells
even though my first cell has a formula (the formula is: C6/C$5$) - any ideas
on why this is happening and how to correct it. If I try and copy and past
this formula to the other cells, I again, get the same value that is in the
original cell.

Thanks
Alka