Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
MB MB is offline

Default Need Help with formula ("IF"?)

Hello,

I have a spreadsheet listing all employees and other data (birth date, hire
date, department name, etc.). I need a separate sheet for each department
within the same book. For example, all Administration in one sheet, all
Engineering in another, etc.

My data ranges from A2:0141 (headings are in row 1). What is the formula to
pull each department into it's own sheet? The departments are in column F.

Thank you.
--
MB
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

It is very poor database management practice to have duplicate data. I
believe everything you want to do could be accomplished using Data Auto
Filter
best wishes

--
Bernard V Liengme
www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme

"MB" wrote in message
Hello,

I have a spreadsheet listing all employees and other data (birth date,
hire
date, department name, etc.). I need a separate sheet for each department
within the same book. For example, all Administration in one sheet, all
Engineering in another, etc.

My data ranges from A2:0141 (headings are in row 1). What is the formula
pull each department into it's own sheet? The departments are in column
F.

Thank you.
--
MB

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
MB MB is offline

I tried auto filter, but I have the following in columns P through S

Lower Upper Range Count
0 5 0-5 (formula here)
6 10 6-10
11 15 11-15
(through to 35+)

This is needed to chart how many years in each range group. I have the same
in columns T through W that calculates age groups. When I filter the
department column, it filters these columns, too. I need a chart for all
employees and then a separate chart for each department. I can't figure out
how to do this.

Thank you.

MB

"MB" wrote in message
Hello,

I have a spreadsheet listing all employees and other data (birth date,
hire
date, department name, etc.). I need a separate sheet for each department
within the same book. For example, all Administration in one sheet, all
Engineering in another, etc.

My data ranges from A2:0141 (headings are in row 1). What is the formula
pull each department into it's own sheet? The departments are in column
F.

Thank you.
--
MB

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Not sure what you mean by "it filters these column too"
You can select ALL for each of these to show all records for any one
department.
You do have a top row with column headers such as "Department", etc?
best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme

"MB" wrote in message
Hello,

I have a spreadsheet listing all employees and other data (birth date,
hire
date, department name, etc.). I need a separate sheet for each
department
within the same book. For example, all Administration in one sheet,
all
Engineering in another, etc.

My data ranges from A2:0141 (headings are in row 1). What is the
formula
pull each department into it's own sheet? The departments are in
column
F.

Thank you.
--
MB

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
MB MB is offline

Hi Bernard,

Yes I have column headings, as follows:

A Employee #
B Full Name
C Last Name
D First Name
E Mid Initial
F Department
G Position
H Hire Date
I Birth Date
J Years Worked (calculated field)
K Current Age (calculated field)
L Years until retirement (calculated field)
M Lower
N Upper
O Range
P Count
(the above is for charting years until retirement)
Q Lower
R Upper
S Range
T Count
(Columns Q-T is for charting age groups)

When filtering "Department" columns M through T loses some rows.

Thank you, Bernard.

--
MB