Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Bernard Liengme Bernard Liengme is offline

Default Need Help with formula ("IF"?)

Not sure what you mean by "it filters these column too"
You can select ALL for each of these to show all records for any one
department.
You do have a top row with column headers such as "Department", etc?
best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme

"MB" wrote in message
I tried auto filter, but I have the following in columns P through S

Lower Upper Range Count
0 5 0-5 (formula here)
6 10 6-10
11 15 11-15
(through to 35+)

This is needed to chart how many years in each range group. I have the
same
in columns T through W that calculates age groups. When I filter the
department column, it filters these columns, too. I need a chart for all
employees and then a separate chart for each department. I can't figure
out
how to do this.

Thank you.

MB

"Bernard Liengme" wrote:

It is very poor database management practice to have duplicate data. I
believe everything you want to do could be accomplished using Data Auto
Filter
best wishes

--
Bernard V Liengme
www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme

"MB" wrote in message
Hello,

I have a spreadsheet listing all employees and other data (birth date,
hire
date, department name, etc.). I need a separate sheet for each
department
within the same book. For example, all Administration in one sheet,
all
Engineering in another, etc.

My data ranges from A2:0141 (headings are in row 1). What is the
formula
pull each department into it's own sheet? The departments are in
column
F.

Thank you.
--