Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Links between cells in different workbooks/files

This is probably the easiest thing, but I can't find the answer using online
Help.

I simply want to setup cells in different worksheets or files where, if I
change a cell in one, it will automatically update in another. I'm talking
about straight data; Not formulas. Presently, they're different files
completely, but I can combine them into one file (different sheets) if that
will make it easier.

Any and all help is appreciated. Thank you in advance.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

See help on "create a link"

Then select this category "Create a link to another cell, workbook, or program"

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Wed, 7 Feb 2007 12:28:01 -0800, GTifeld
wrote:

This is probably the easiest thing, but I can't find the answer using online
Help.

I simply want to setup cells in different worksheets or files where, if I
change a cell in one, it will automatically update in another. I'm talking
about straight data; Not formulas. Presently, they're different files
completely, but I can combine them into one file (different sheets) if that
will make it easier.

Any and all help is appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi Gord,

Thank you for your response, but I'm having a little difficulty following
your instructions. Where do I find this topic? I click on both "Help" and the
wizard, but don't find this literal topic. I've found variations on it, but
they don't answer my question. Can you direct me please? Thanks again.