Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Add-In functions not available Analysis Services add-in.

I am running Excel 2003 on a normal desktop as part of Office Professional,
on Windows XP Professional.

I recently installed (successfully it seemed) an Excel add-in:

"Microsoft Excel Add-in for SQL Server Analysis Services" which is freely
available from the Microsoft web site.

When I try to use its functions, e.g. CUBECELLMEMBER(...), the error "#NAME"
is returned, indicating that Excel cannot see the functions. The add-in has
installed its menus and in all other respects appear to function correctly.

I assumed this was some kind of security issue - but what?

I seem to have everything set up correctly in Macro Security. "Trust All
Installed Addins and Tempaltes" is enabled, Macro Security level is "Medium".

Thanks for any assistance!

Regards,

UBoatCaptain
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Yes a guess: use Tools | Add-In
Is there a check mark next to your add-in?
You have to install an add but then you must load it with this method
best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Thanks Bernard. I had already checked that that wasn't the issue. A reboot
of my PC got the thing to work. I don't think the installer prompted for a
reboot so that should maybe be fixed by Microsoft.
--
UBoatCaptain