Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
UBoatCaptain UBoatCaptain is offline

Default Add-In functions not available Analysis Services add-in.

I am running Excel 2003 on a normal desktop as part of Office Professional,
on Windows XP Professional.

I recently installed (successfully it seemed) an Excel add-in:

"Microsoft Excel Add-in for SQL Server Analysis Services" which is freely
available from the Microsoft web site.

When I try to use its functions, e.g. CUBECELLMEMBER(...), the error "#NAME"
is returned, indicating that Excel cannot see the functions. The add-in has
installed its menus and in all other respects appear to function correctly.

I assumed this was some kind of security issue - but what?

I seem to have everything set up correctly in Macro Security. "Trust All
Installed Addins and Tempaltes" is enabled, Macro Security level is "Medium".

Thanks for any assistance!

Regards,

UBoatCaptain