Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Whats the new "Template Wizard with Data Tracking"?

Hi,

I'm using Template Wizard with Data tracking from XL2000. I think this was
dropped for later versions - and I can see why! I keep getting the error
message "No Return() or Halt() function found on macro sheet". Then it will
work properly, and then it will come up with this error message again. When
this error message appears, the template works correctly but does not write
the information to the database.

So, my real question is, what has TWwDT been replaced by? Is it any good?!

Thanks,

Will
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Will

You can use the 2000 version in Excel 2002, 2003 and 2007

Visit the link below for more info.

How to install the Excel 2002 Report Manager add-in and Template Wizard add-in
in Excel 2003

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/873209/en-us

For the No return or Halt problem see here.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Mon, 5 Feb 2007 09:48:00 -0800, will wrote:

Hi,

I'm using Template Wizard with Data tracking from XL2000. I think this was
dropped for later versions - and I can see why! I keep getting the error
message "No Return() or Halt() function found on macro sheet". Then it will
work properly, and then it will come up with this error message again. When
this error message appears, the template works correctly but does not write
the information to the database.

So, my real question is, what has TWwDT been replaced by? Is it any good?!

Thanks,

Will

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Gord,

Thanks for the reply.

The solution that you pointed me to does not work for me. I have installed
Office SP3 and I still get the same problem. I have fiddled around with Auto
Save, and I still get the same problem. In essence, I cannot seem to make
TWwDT work consistenly, which was why I was wondering if there is any
alternative?

Thanks.

Will

"Gord Dibben" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Which version of Excel are you currently running?

The 2002 and up versions of the Spreadsheet Solutions Templates do not have
macros as they did in 97 and 2000 and do not write to a **DB.xls file when using
the Data Tracking Wizard.

As far as any alternative goes if running 2002 or newer...............copy all
the relevant Templates and **DB.xls files from 2000 version.

Gord

"Gord Dibben" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Gord,

We're all currently running 2000. I suspect that the answer therefore is to
upgrade to a newer version, but its obviously annoying that we have a feature
in XL2000 that we cannot seem to get to work (consistently).

Thanks,

Will