Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default VLOOKUP How do I ?

Hi,
I would like to use Vlookup to see if what a user enters in a cell A1
is in a range and if it is not there return 0 in A2

user enters in
A1 A2
Scare 0

goes to range called fright in a20 down to a40
and if BOO is not there return 0 in a2

Hope I have made it clear....

Thanks in advance
Stephen

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Yes that works, a big thanks.....

On Feb 5, 4:13 pm, "T. Valko" wrote:
Try this:

=(COUNTIF(A20:A40,A1)0)+0

Biff

oups.com...

On Feb 5, 3:43 pm, "pano" wrote:
Hi,
I would like to use Vlookup to see if what a user enters in a cell A1
is in a range and if it is not there return 0 in A2

user enters in
A1 A2
Scare 0

goes to range called fright in a20 down to a40
and if BOO is not there return 0 in a2

Hope I have made it clear....

Thanks in advance
Stephen- Hide quoted text -