Jerry Foley

Default How do I compare 4 cells of prices and print the lowest value in .

Ken Wright

A more apt question would be how do I post a question correctly. Please do
not try and use a subject line for the entire question - You wouldn't send
an email like that, so why post a question in this manner? Please use a
descriptive subject and give a detailed description of the problem in the
message body.

--
Regards
Sys Spec - Win XP Pro / XL 97/00/02/03

Jerry Foley

I deeply apologize for my obvious transgession on the e-mail tenets you must
subscribe to at Microsoft (I assume you are a Microsoft employee). Please
note that I am first time user of this service and your program takes a
customers question and automatically places the question in the comment
field.
As a point of fact, I would like to also offer to you that corporate America
now request as much concise info as possible to the comment line. The
reasoning behind this trend is to aid those of us who receive hundreds of
e-mails daily to preview the e-mail and decide as to open, reply or delete
them.

Having said that, I still am requesting information on how to examine a row
of numbers and print the lowest number in a cell abd highlite the lowest
number's cell.
Thank you in advance for youe help.
Jerry Foley MCNE,MCSE,CCIE

"Ken Wright" wrote:

A more apt question would be how do I post a question correctly. Please do
not try and use a subject line for the entire question - You wouldn't send
an email like that, so why post a question in this manner? Please use a
descriptive subject and give a detailed description of the problem in the
message body.

--
Regards
Sys Spec - Win XP Pro / XL 97/00/02/03

Ken Wright

Hi Jerry, my apologies, and sorry if it sounded like preaching, but it
really does come across as not nice when you see posts laid out like that,
and there just seem to have been a fair number of them lately throughout the
groups, so it tends to rub more than it should do - System's fault for
allowing it to happen like that, but hopefully that will change soon. Also,
I do not work for Microsoft, and nor do probably 99.999% of people that
frequent these groups, we are generally just interested users that enjoy
using a product and like to help others get the best out of it where we can.
Now asuming you then say but what about that MVP thingy then in case you are
curious here is an explanation as to what that is all about.

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/

Don't be misled though, as there are some amazing individuals in these
groups that aren't necessarily tagged that way.

Anyway, back to your question :-) :-

Not quite sure exactly what you mean about printing the lowest, but i'll
take a stab. I'll assume you have 4 values in say A1:A4 and then in say A10
you want to have the smallest value appear such that whenever you print A10
you will get the lowest number in there. Simply put the following formula
in A10

=MIN(A1:A4)

As to highlighting the cell, select A1:A4 and do Format / Conditional
Formatting / Change 'cell value is' to 'formula is' and put in
=A1=MIN($A$1:$A$4)

Thne hit the format button, choose a colour perhaps from the patterns tab
and then hit OK. Now the cell(s) with the lowest value in will
automatically be coloured with whatever colour you chose from the list.

--
Regards
Sys Spec - Win XP Pro / XL 97/00/02/03

<snip

Jerry Foley

Hey Ken,

Thanks for the reply. I found your response to be EXACTLY what I was looking
for.
Great info. Have a great rest of the weekend.

Thanks again