Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Need some help in re-organising data from external source

Hello all, and thank you for reading this.

I import a file into Excel which lists all types of products with their
respective product code and quantities. The imported spreadsheet would look
something like this...

Code Product Day1 Day2 Day3 Day 4 ......
Day31 Total
001 Standard Blocks 32250 28578 33950 32475 37750
1750576
002 Cavity Blocks 16500 17243 12586 25874 11432
505462
015 Plastering Sand 72593 63406 52968 60175 59677
250355

Basically, what I need to do is when this data is imported a macro would
sort all data into its corresponding type e.g all blocks together, all sand,
all stone, all mortar, and concrete etc.
The data does not have a column that describes the product. Only what is in
the example above.
I have absolutely no experience in macros, but would be absolutely grateful
for any ideas or help.
I read most of the problems in discussion groups and think that this is the
greatest place in the world. I enjoy solving problems for people when I can
and I hope that someone can help me with this.
Many Thanks
--
Niall
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Niall,

It's difficult to visualise what you want, if you could post your data file
somewhere like

http://savefile.com/

and post the link, i'm sure a solution can be found.

"Richie" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi Niall

If you mark the total set of data, can you not just carry out a Sort on
Column A (Code) and that will bring all the codes of the same type
together.
DataSortColumnAAscending

--
Regards

Roger Govier

"Richie" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Mike, thanks for the quick reply. Here is the link to the download of the
file as requested. Again, much apreciated.

http://savefile.com/files/457770

Regards
--
Niall