Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Can I convert numbers to text in Excel?

If so how?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

It depends what you mean on how you do it. Putting a comma in front of the
number (,10) turns it into text. The comma won't be displayed. If you want 10
shown as Ten then create a table and use Vlookup.

If so how?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

See http://xldynamic.com/source/xld.xlFAQ0004.html

--
---
HTH

Bob

"AL-B" wrote in message
If so how?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

See http://xldynamic.com/source/xld.xlFAQ0004.html

--
---
HTH

Bob

"AL-B" wrote in message
If so how?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

If you precede a number by a comma, the comma *will* be displayed (or at
least it will in my version of Excel).
If you want a number in a cell to be formatted as text, precede it with an
*apostrophe*, which will *not* be shown.

If you have a cell containing a number, and you want it converting to text
(perhaps to maintain format while exporting to Word mail merge, for
example), then use the TEXT() function.
--
David Biddulph

"Mike" wrote in message
It depends what you mean on how you do it. Putting a comma in front of the
number (,10) turns it into text. The comma won't be displayed. If you want
10
shown as Ten then create a table and use Vlookup.

"AL-B" wrote:

If so how?