Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Apply autofilter selections to 2nd table automatically? Macro?

Is it possible to replicate the selections in an autofilter onto a separate
data table?
For exaple, say row 1 includes column headings and the next 10 rows contain
product sales data/activity for the quarter. Then a few rows below that data
table is another data table containing the sales data from the previous
quarter.

What I want to do is allow the user to make autofilter selections on the
first table's column headings and have the second table update as well. I
can't put the two tables together because I am using Subtotal functions to
sum up the quarterly numbers. Can anyone help?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Nevermind -- this always happens to me after I post a question...the answer
finally hits me. I was keeping the two tables separate so I could insert
subtotal formulas to calculate the filtered results -- but what I needed to
do instead was combine the two tables together so they would work off the
same autofilter selections, and then define my subtotals to work on specific
ranges of data. As long as someone doesn't re-sort the data it should work.