Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Find Applicable Formula, then Use It

I have a formula that references a cell. Based upon that cell's conditions,
I want it to execute one of many possible formulaes. I tried using nested
IFs, but I couldn't get around the 7 nested limitation. I tried using a
Vlookup to reference a table that had the other formulas I wanted to then
execute on the row the original cell data was in, but the formulas don't end
up referencing that. Any ideas?

--
-Mark

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

So the cells in column A can return any value between 1 and 100. I want a
column Z to perform one of 100 possible formulas based on the value in column
A. The formulas are simple concantenates ignoring or not ignoring data in
columns B thru Y based on the value in Column A. Does this satisfy your
question or do I need to actually list the formulas?
--
-Mark

"MSYM" wrote in message
I have a formula that references a cell. Based upon that cell's
conditions,
I want it to execute one of many possible formulaes. I tried using nested
IFs, but I couldn't get around the 7 nested limitation. I tried using a
Vlookup to reference a table that had the other formulas I wanted to then
execute on the row the original cell data was in, but the formulas don't
end
up referencing that. Any ideas?

--
-Mark

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Create a 2 column lookup table. The left column contains the numbers 1 -100.
The right column contains the formula that corresponds to the particular
number.

Then, in column Z you'd use a lookup formula like this:

=IF(A1="","",VLOOKUP(A1,$AA$1:$AB$100,2,0))

Where $AA$1:$AB$100 is the 2 column lookup table.

Biff

"MSYM" wrote in message
I have a formula that references a cell. Based upon that cell's
conditions,
I want it to execute one of many possible formulaes. I tried using
nested
IFs, but I couldn't get around the 7 nested limitation. I tried
using a
Vlookup to reference a table that had the other formulas I wanted to
then
execute on the row the original cell data was in, but the formulas
don't
end
up referencing that. Any ideas?

--
-Mark

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

I should have been clearer. I can (and have) done what you are suggesting
below, but the end result is that the formula itself is pulled into the cell.
What I actually need is the result of the aforementioned formula pulled
into the cell.
--
-Mark