Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Hide #VALUE! in result of array formula

I am using the following array formula in an Excel spreadsheet:
{=INDIRECT(ADDRESS(MAX((ROW(30:34)*(A30:A34<""))) ,COLUMN(A:A)))}.
The idea is to show the last non blank amount in a report. The problem is,
if all cells are left blank, my report shows #VALUE!, which I would like to
hide. I have tried some IF( statements, but if any cells are left blank it
shows a blank on the report even if one value is there. I looked at
conditional formatting to turn the fonts white when #VALUE! or ISERROR
conditions are there. Didn't work. There is probably an easy fix, but I can't
seem to figure it out.
Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi Biff,
Problem: If the first cell (A30) is left blank, the report cell will be
blank even though cells A31 through A34 have values in them. Any ideas?

"Ron Weaver" wrote in message
I am using the following array formula in an Excel spreadsheet:
{=INDIRECT(ADDRESS(MAX((ROW(30:34)*(A30:A34<""))) ,COLUMN(A:A)))}.
The idea is to show the last non blank amount in a report. The problem is,
if all cells are left blank, my report shows #VALUE!, which I would like
hide. I have tried some IF( statements, but if any cells are left blank it
shows a blank on the report even if one value is there. I looked at
conditional formatting to turn the fonts white when #VALUE! or ISERROR
conditions are there. Didn't work. There is probably an easy fix, but I
can't
seem to figure it out.
Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

What type of data is in this range, TEXT or NUMBERS, or both?

Are these values the result of a formula? If so, do these formulas return
formula blanks under certain conditions?

Since you didn't mention any of this in your original post I used a
"generic" formula to try and cover all the bases.

Biff

"Ron Weaver" wrote in message
I am using the following array formula in an Excel spreadsheet:
{=INDIRECT(ADDRESS(MAX((ROW(30:34)*(A30:A34<""))) ,COLUMN(A:A)))}.
The idea is to show the last non blank amount in a report. The problem
is,
if all cells are left blank, my report shows #VALUE!, which I would
like
hide. I have tried some IF( statements, but if any cells are left blank
it
shows a blank on the report even if one value is there. I looked at
conditional formatting to turn the fonts white when #VALUE! or ISERROR
conditions are there. Didn't work. There is probably an easy fix, but I
can't
seem to figure it out.
Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Are your values numeric, Ron?

try this

=IF(COUNT(A30:A34),LOOKUP(9.99999999999999E+307,A3 0:A34),"")

"Ron Weaver" wrote in message
I am using the following array formula in an Excel spreadsheet:
{=INDIRECT(ADDRESS(MAX((ROW(30:34)*(A30:A34<""))) ,COLUMN(A:A)))}.
The idea is to show the last non blank amount in a report. The problem is,
if all cells are left blank, my report shows #VALUE!, which I would like
hide. I have tried some IF( statements, but if any cells are left blank it
shows a blank on the report even if one value is there. I looked at
conditional formatting to turn the fonts white when #VALUE! or ISERROR
conditions are there. Didn't work. There is probably an easy fix, but I
can't
seem to figure it out.
Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

I believe that did it. The values are numeric.
Thanks to you and Biff.
Ron

"Ron Weaver" wrote in message
I am using the following array formula in an Excel spreadsheet:
{=INDIRECT(ADDRESS(MAX((ROW(30:34)*(A30:A34<""))) ,COLUMN(A:A)))}.
The idea is to show the last non blank amount in a report. The problem is,
if all cells are left blank, my report shows #VALUE!, which I would like
hide. I have tried some IF( statements, but if any cells are left blank it
shows a blank on the report even if one value is there. I looked at
conditional formatting to turn the fonts white when #VALUE! or ISERROR
conditions are there. Didn't work. There is probably an easy fix, but I
can't
seem to figure it out.
Thanks

SUMPRODUCT clue needed Dallman Ross Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 5 September 25th 06 12:29 PM
Formula result as real empty/blank cell Excelerate-nl Excel Worksheet Functions 4 August 20th 06 06:52 AM
Rs.10,250.00 formula Rupees ten thousand two hundred fifty only Abdul Hameed ([email protected] New Users to Excel 2 June 28th 06 10:33 AM
VBA Monty Excel Worksheet Functions 2 January 30th 06 01:37 PM
Array formula weird result Solerman Kaplon via OfficeKB.com Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 2 December 21st 04 08:39 PM