Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Abdul Hameed ([email protected]

Default Rs.10,250.00 formula Rupees ten thousand two hundred fifty only

I have some problem in excell as under
i. In Column A1 I wrote 10,250.00 and I wan it into text in B1 column as
Rupees ten thousand two hundred and fifty only and if there is 10,250.70 then
Rupees ten thousand two hundred fifty and Paisa seventy only
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Bearacade

This is modified from Microsoft's code:

1. Start Microsoft Excel.
2. Press ALT+F11 to start the Visual Basic Editor.
3. On the Insert menu, click Module.
4. Type the following code into the module sheet.

Option Explicit
'Main Function
Function SpellNumber(ByVal MyNumber)
Dim Rupees, Paisa, Temp
Dim DecimalPlace, Count
ReDim Place(9) As String
Place(2) = " Thousand "
Place(3) = " Million "
Place(4) = " Billion "
Place(5) = " Trillion "
MyNumber = Trim(Str(MyNumber))
DecimalPlace = InStr(MyNumber, ".")
If DecimalPlace 0 Then
Paisa = GetTens(Left(Mid(MyNumber, DecimalPlace + 1) & _
"00", 2))
MyNumber = Trim(Left(MyNumber, DecimalPlace - 1))
End If
Count = 1
Do While MyNumber < ""
Temp = GetHundreds(Right(MyNumber, 3))
If Temp < "" Then Rupees = Temp & Place(Count) & Rupees
If Len(MyNumber) 3 Then
MyNumber = Left(MyNumber, Len(MyNumber) - 3)
Else
MyNumber = ""
End If
Count = Count + 1
Loop
Select Case Rupees
Case ""
Rupees = "No Rupees"
Case "One"
Rupees = "Rupees One"
Case Else
Rupees = "Rupees " & Rupees
End Select
Select Case Paisa
Case ""
Paisa = ""
Case "One"
Paisa = " and Paisa One"
Case Else
Paisa = " and " & "Paisa " & Paisa
End Select
SpellNumber = Rupees & Paisa
End Function

' Converts a number from 100-999 into text
Function GetHundreds(ByVal MyNumber)
Dim Result As String
If Val(MyNumber) = 0 Then Exit Function
MyNumber = Right("000" & MyNumber, 3)
' Convert the hundreds place.
If Mid(MyNumber, 1, 1) < "0" Then
Result = GetDigit(Mid(MyNumber, 1, 1)) & " Hundred "
End If
' Convert the tens and ones place.
If Mid(MyNumber, 2, 1) < "0" Then
Result = Result & GetTens(Mid(MyNumber, 2))
Else
Result = Result & GetDigit(Mid(MyNumber, 3))
End If
GetHundreds = Result
End Function

' Converts a number from 10 to 99 into text.
Function GetTens(TensText)
Dim Result As String
Result = "" ' Null out the temporary function value.
If Val(Left(TensText, 1)) = 1 Then ' If value between 10-19...
Select Case Val(TensText)
Case 10: Result = "Ten"
Case 11: Result = "Eleven"
Case 12: Result = "Twelve"
Case 13: Result = "Thirteen"
Case 14: Result = "Fourteen"
Case 15: Result = "Fifteen"
Case 16: Result = "Sixteen"
Case 17: Result = "Seventeen"
Case 18: Result = "Eighteen"
Case 19: Result = "Nineteen"
Case Else
End Select
Else ' If value between 20-99...
Select Case Val(Left(TensText, 1))
Case 2: Result = "Twenty "
Case 3: Result = "Thirty "
Case 4: Result = "Forty "
Case 5: Result = "Fifty "
Case 6: Result = "Sixty "
Case 7: Result = "Seventy "
Case 8: Result = "Eighty "
Case 9: Result = "Ninety "
Case Else
End Select
Result = Result & GetDigit _
(Right(TensText, 1)) ' Retrieve ones place.
End If
GetTens = Result
End Function

' Converts a number from 1 to 9 into text.
Function GetDigit(Digit)
Select Case Val(Digit)
Case 1: GetDigit = "One"
Case 2: GetDigit = "Two"
Case 3: GetDigit = "Three"
Case 4: GetDigit = "Four"
Case 5: GetDigit = "Five"
Case 6: GetDigit = "Six"
Case 7: GetDigit = "Seven"
Case 8: GetDigit = "Eight"
Case 9: GetDigit = "Nine"
Case Else: GetDigit = ""
End Select
End Function

5. Close the VBA window
6. Use the fuction =Spellnumber()

--
Bearacade

Bearacade's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=35016
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=556111

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Bob Phillips

I gave an example of this in the past, which also caters for crores and
lakhs. See http://tinyurl.com/g2bpr

--
HTH

Bob Phillips