Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Deb Deb is offline

Default Display Monday or Thursday

How do I display Monday or Thursday?

I have a column with the dates listed on the left a, on the right I'm
attemtping to display either Monday or Thursday.

3/16/2007 display 03/19/2007 (Monday)
2/10/2007 display 02/12/2007 (Monday)
4/3/2007 display 04/05/2007 (Thursday)

Thanks for your assistance

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Select one of the cells and click Format | Cells | Number (tab) |
Custom and enter this in the panel:

mm/dd/yyyy (Dddd)

and click OK. If this is what you want then you can use the Format
Painter to apply the format to your other cells.

Hope this helps.

Pete

On Jan 29, 8:01 pm, "Deb" wrote:
How do I display Monday or Thursday?

I have a column with the dates listed on the left a, on the right I'm
attemtping to display either Monday or Thursday.

3/16/2007 display 03/19/2007 (Monday)
2/10/2007 display 02/12/2007 (Monday)
4/3/2007 display 04/05/2007 (Thursday)

Thanks for your assistance

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Try something like this:

For a date in A1

B1: =A1+CHOOSE(WEEKDAY(A1,2),0,2,3,0,3,2,1)

Does that help?
***********
Regards,
Ron

XL2002, WinXP

"Deb" wrote:

How do I display Monday or Thursday?

I have a column with the dates listed on the left a, on the right I'm
attemtping to display either Monday or Thursday.

3/16/2007 display 03/19/2007 (Monday)
2/10/2007 display 02/12/2007 (Monday)
4/3/2007 display 04/05/2007 (Thursday)

Thanks for your assistance

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
CLR CLR is offline

Format cell with date therein for Custom m/d/yyyy, (dddd)

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"Deb" wrote:

How do I display Monday or Thursday?

I have a column with the dates listed on the left a, on the right I'm
attemtping to display either Monday or Thursday.

3/16/2007 display 03/19/2007 (Monday)
2/10/2007 display 02/12/2007 (Monday)
4/3/2007 display 04/05/2007 (Thursday)

Thanks for your assistance

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Deb Deb is offline

I'm looking for a formula that will display the dates as indicated
below. So if my date in cell A1 is 3-16-2007 in B1 I want to see
3-19-2007 which is Monday, the same is true for the next line, but the
last line which would be A3 date of 4-3-2007 in B3 I need to see
4-05-2007 which is Thursday.

3/16/2007 display 3/19/2007 (Monday)
2/10/2007 display 2/12/2007 (Monday)
4/3/2007 display 4/05/2007 (Thursday)

On Jan 29, 8:01 pm, "Deb" wrote:

How do I display Monday or Thursday?

I have a column with the dates listed on the left a, on the right I'm
attemtping to display either Monday or Thursday.

3/16/2007 display 03/19/2007 (Monday)
2/10/2007 display 02/12/2007 (Monday)
4/3/2007 display 04/05/2007 (Thursday)

Thanks for your assistance- Hide quoted text -- Show quoted text -

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Sorry, I didn't read your post carefully enough. Try this in B1:

=IF(WEEKDAY(A1,2)<4,A1+4-WEEKDAY(A1,2),A1+8-WEEKDAY(A1,2))

then copy down column B. I've assumed that if the date is a Monday or
a Thursday then you will want to display the opposite.

Hope this helps.

Pete

On Jan 29, 8:01 pm, "Deb" wrote:

How do I display Monday or Thursday?

I have a column with the dates listed on the left a, on the right I'm
attemtping to display either Monday or Thursday.

3/16/2007 display 03/19/2007 (Monday)
2/10/2007 display 02/12/2007 (Monday)
4/3/2007 display 04/05/2007 (Thursday)

Thanks for your assistance- Hide quoted text -- Show quoted text -- Hide quoted text -- Show quoted text -

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Deb Deb is offline

WOW!! this is amazing
thanks so much

"Deb" wrote:
How do I display Monday or Thursday?

I have a column with the dates listed on the left a, on the right I'm
attemtping to display either Monday or Thursday.

3/16/2007 display 03/19/2007 (Monday)
2/10/2007 display 02/12/2007 (Monday)
4/3/2007 display 04/05/2007 (Thursday)

Thanks for your assistance- Hide quoted text -- Show quoted text -

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

On 29 Jan 2007 12:01:47 -0800, "Deb" wrote:

How do I display Monday or Thursday?

I have a column with the dates listed on the left a, on the right I'm
attemtping to display either Monday or Thursday.

3/16/2007 display 03/19/2007 (Monday)
2/10/2007 display 02/12/2007 (Monday)
4/3/2007 display 04/05/2007 (Thursday)

Thanks for your assistance

Perhaps:

=A1+CHOOSE(WEEKDAY(A1),1,0,2,1,0,3,2)

will do what you require?

--ron
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Thanks for the feedback, Deb.....I'm glad I could help.

***********
Regards,
Ron

XL2002, WinXP

"Deb" wrote:

WOW!! this is amazing
thanks so much

"Deb" wrote:
How do I display Monday or Thursday?

I have a column with the dates listed on the left a, on the right I'm
attemtping to display either Monday or Thursday.

3/16/2007 display 03/19/2007 (Monday)
2/10/2007 display 02/12/2007 (Monday)
4/3/2007 display 04/05/2007 (Thursday)

Thanks for your assistance- Hide quoted text -- Show quoted text -

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hello deb,

I'm not sure you've given a full enough explanation, assuming you always
want to display the next Monday or Thursday (whichever comes first), but on a
Monday or Thursday show that day, here's an alternative to Ron's suggestion

=A1+7-MAX(WEEKDAY(A1+{2,5}))